Hey hey! So for those of you who don’t know, I am one of those weird people who LOVES turbulence. Seriously, it reminds me how high up we are in the air, and that we are literally soaring over this gorgeous planet we are so lucky to be able to live on! So yeah, I love turbulence, and the little humming sound my suitcase makes
when walking down the jetway, and really everything else involved with flying. In fact, there are few things that I love more than airplanes- namely my dog, Ellie (follow her insta here!) and my fam.
So when I know I’m about to board one of these bad boys, I always make sure to pack a few must-have items to sit back, relax, and enjoy the flight.
- Socks!! Is there anything better than slipping your feet into soft, cozy socks? Didn’t think so! I love bringing an extra chunky pair along with me to make the trek a little more relaxing (this pair here is part wool so they’re super great for keeping those toes warm and letting them breathe too!).
- Face wipes- Especially if it’s a long flight, I love giving my face a break when were 30k feet up! The air quality in the cabin is already not fab, so giving it a nice clean wipe down can instantly make you feel better! I love these and these Burts Bees face wipes. Make sure to follow it up with the next item on our list though!
- Moisturizer/Chapstick- This is HUGE. Almost as big as item 10. The air quality up in the cabin is just not ideal for any type of skin. Keeping your face, lips, and even hands moisturized throughout the flight can seriously go a long way to helping you feel fresh when you walk off that plane. I am obsessed with this and take it everywhere I go. It keeps my face so supple and soft, and it has a faint but very nice rosey smell to it! [the_ad id=”421″]
- Comfy Cardigan, or Thick Scarf (both double as blankets!) Not only does wearing a cardi/scarf take something bulky out of your bag- HELLO !! More room to pack other things (my last trip I managed to fit my hair straightener, Clarisonic, AND WaterPik, all with room my cardi would have taken up) but it also gives you a nice little blanket while you’re napping or watching Netflix. TY Netflix for the download feature!
- Sleeping Eye Mask- Luckily this one can be used anytime. Take-off, landing, pre-netflix, post glass of wine…. I love a simple eye mask, and use it both at home and on the go.
- Travel Toothbrush and Toothpaste- There really is nothing better than clean teeth! I’m a Crest girl through and through.
- Dry Shampoo- So about two months ago I was introduced to IGK Charcoal Detox Dry Shampoo and my life was completely changed. It actually came in my Sephora Play box and I don’t think I’m ever gonna give this product up! Perfect to add a little extra volume after a little nap mid-air, AND I recently found out they also make a Dry Shampoo Blotting Tissue as well!! Game Changer.
- Headphones- I think this one is the most obvious must-have for any type of travel, but about 2 years ago my brother got the Bose Quiet Comfort ii headphones and I was instantly jealous. These bad boys have fantastic sound and are so comfy. Can’t leave home without them! If earphones are more your style, I love a good SkullCandy pair.
- Good Book- Right now I’m reading Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng. Books are always great for flights because they can’t die, you don’t have to turn them on airplane mode, and they’re great entertainment!
- Water Bottle- Of all of the items, I think this is by far the most important. Traveling is EXHAUSTING and the changing of the air pressure, and quality of air in the cabin doesn’t help! Enter: water. Hydration is so important to keep your body and mind feeling good as you take off! I always bring an empty, reusable bottle with me to fill up as soon as I get through security. And right before I board. (Did you know that ice is NOT considered water to TSA? If you’re coming from home, consider filling your bottle halfway and freezing it. Important: It HAS to still be frozen solid when presented to security so sip out any that has melted) And in the air. You get it. Let’s be real, there’s nothing worse than getting suuuper thirsty right as the cabin doors close, and you know there’s nothing than can quench your thirst for AT LEAST the next 30 mins. Also, your body is working hard while you’re jetting off, so reward it by giving it some water. It’ll thank you later!
Of course I always make sure to pack extra snacks, a pen, and maybe download an episode of Friends on Netflix (or 8…), but these 10 are my ride or die items. Safe travels and enjoy the flight!